help! stuck chick?

It really looks good to me. What's the time they take rest in between cuz it takes a lot out of them to pip and trying to zip so I called someone who's more experienced and they should get back to you. But right now do not assist or appeal anything away.
I'm not sure what the time they take to rest in between is because it tries a little and then stops for a while and so on. Its been more than 24 hours since it started

This definitely looks unusual. There is typically only one pip, in order for there to be two pips the chick would need to rotate around which happens when they're zipping to get out of the egg. After looking through the above shared article on assisted hatching, you can open the air cell and apply ointment to the internal membrane to make sure everything is absorbed before continuing to assist but I imagine when you open the air cell you'll find that the chick is ready and stuck for some reason.

Hi just wanted an update on your little chick. Did it hatch okay
it was still stuck after a couple hours since it was malopositioned and I had to get it out. it survived the rest of the day and night, but the next day it died. I think It might have been to weak because our others seem stronger.

it was still stuck after a couple hours since it was malopositioned and I had to get it out. it survived the rest of the day and night, but the next day it died. I think It might have been to weak because our others seem stronger.
I'm sorry for your loss ☹

Back
Top Bottom