Help!! The house got skunked!

CityGirlintheCountry

Green Eggs and Hamlet
12 Years
Jul 7, 2007
Middle TN
So around 11:30 last night I let the dogs out for one last round of pottying before bed. I went back to my bathroom to brush my teeth and while I was back there I started noticing a horrible smell. It just got worse and worse. I could hear one of the dogs thrashing about on the blankets on the back porch. I think we got skunked. It is horrible!! I bathed the dogs multiple times and they aren't so bad now. I'm pretty sure the little monster sprayed up under the house though. How do I get the stink out?
sickbyc.gif

The dogs I bathed in the peroxide/soda mixture and then doggie shampoo. They smell okay. I'm not sure that either one took a direct hit though. I think the house took the hit. What do I do?

Last edited:
LOL!! Sorry.... Skunk stank is horrible, I can sympathize, my mastiff has made it her lifes goal to destroy all skunks!

I guess depends on where you got hit. You may be able to wash down the house if it's the siding, but I'm not sure I'd recommend hosing down the wood underside of your house, that's asking for other issues. You may have to just let it air it'self out.

Hopefully someone else has some suggestions that will help.

Give it a week and the smell will be better.

Neighbor has a family of skunks in under their shed and maybe in their garage too, it happens regularly at moms house. Beware the skunky water, it seems to spread the scent.

OH, if you know the general area outside where the skunk sprayed, why couldn't you squirt it down and sort of scrub it (with an old brush) using some of that doggy shampoo you made up? That might work! Or do you have a pressure washer? Maybe you could use that and squirt if down real good.....

My lab got sprayed. I washed here in tomato juice and she and let her in the house. Couldn't smell it after that. Soak him/her in pure tomato juice and let them shake it off and let them almost dry. then soap em up and give them a good wash

I'd mix up a double batch if the dog solution and spray it on the house in the area that you think took the hit. Spray, let it sit for a while and rinse. Don't know if it will help but worth a try. Also google it!

Back
Top Bottom