Help Tiny Chick Broke His Leg!*PICS*UPDATE AND NOW HAS SPLAYED LEG!?!

Yea I know! It amazes me at how fast he healed! anyways, thanks for all the help
big_smile.png

Hi everyone! sorry I havent been posting pictures as often as I normally do. Lucky is doing better! yesterday I caught him scratching

for food with his feet like the bigger chickens do.
big_smile.png
He is also walking better. He sorta waddles. lol
lol.png
I posted lots of pics from yesterday!!
wee.gif
Thanks to all of you who helped me out !

60753_sdc11329.jpg
[/img]
60753_sdc11340.jpg
[/img]

60753_sdc11344.jpg
[/img]
60753_sdc11349.jpg
[/img]
60753_sdc11351.jpg
[/img]

Last edited:
If you can't get your baby chick a friend, you can give him a small stuffed toy to cuddle with or a feather duster. My rooster, Scratch, had a little teddy that he would actually sleep on. When he outgrew it (and it was too poopy) I gave him a nice feather duster to cuddle with, which he faithfully did until it fell apart. When I got him I actually got two baby chicks but one died the same day I got them so he was quite lonely and would peep all the time. The teddy bear took care of that!

Hi everyone
tongue.png
Heres the pics from yesterday! (It's like 1:40 am here right now
ep.gif
) Lucky needs a bigger box! He comes out for about 15 minutes a day, but his box gets dirty really fast now
hmm.png
weell, anyways, I'm going to keep posting pics,
wee.gif

btw what would be a good bedding for him when he moves to a bigger cage? Since his leg was broke I feel better using somthing with a grip, because with newspaper his feet slip out from under him. we have had problems with hay this year so I prefer not to use hay. But I need somthing that he WONT eat. (like woodchips, it would be horrible if he eat one of them) thanks for all the help. I'll stop typing and show you the pics now !!
big_smile.png

60753_lucky_getting_some_water_.jpg
[/img]
60753_he_kept_trying_to_climb_on_my_feet.jpg
[/img]
60753_lucky_eating.jpg
[/img]

Hi everyone Lucky now has spalyed leg (?) His legs slide out from under him even when hes on paper towels. Lucky for me I studied splayed leg a while back and know how to treat it. But does anyone else think this came with his broken leg? Anyways Ima try the bandaid method of fixing the legs. Anyone who knows any other methods, please let me know. and also tell me if I need to do anything extra for the lil guy. Thanks!!!
smile.png

You can click on the "Chicken Podiatry" link in my signature line below to read lots of information that can be useful when treating Splayed Leg and other leg problems.
Best wishes
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom