Jcoa7369

In the Brooder
Aug 31, 2019
We got ducks from Tractor Supply (novice mistake) and now we have way too many males. It's becoming an issue because we have a mix of Pekin, Mallard, a cayuga and two welsh harlequins and 5 of the pekins are male (we only ended up with 1 female.) The Pekin's are much too large to mate with out females and we have 7 males and 8 females. We don't have room to add enough females to even the ratios.
At any rate, we really need to rehome the Pekin males. Is anyone from Eastern CT and interested? I would like them to go to pet homes. Thank you SO much.

We got ducks from Tractor Supply (novice mistake) and now we have way too many males. It's becoming an issue because we have a mix of Pekin, Mallard, a cayuga and two welsh harlequins and 5 of the pekins are male (we only ended up with 1 female.) The Pekin's are much too large to mate with out females and we have 7 males and 8 females. We don't have room to add enough females to even the ratios.
At any rate, we really need to rehome the Pekin males. Is anyone from Eastern CT and interested? I would like them to go to pet homes. Thank you SO much.
Perhaps you could post in this forum and see if anybody is interested: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/buy-sell-auction-archives.55/

Have tried to advertise them on Craig's list, and am not willing to butcher them. I'm in a 'am not asking' place on whomever takes them. There's too much risk to the hens at this point.
Well separate the Hen...Being you took on the birds you should be willing and able to Cull out the Drakes when needed. I definitely do without any concern..

You do need to separate your females from the drakes pen all your drakes together or if you have a drake that is not sexually driven there maybe one in that group of 7. That way you have time to post here on BYC and keep your girls safe. I understand about butchering I could not.

You do need to separate your females from the drakes pen all your drakes together or if you have a drake that is not sexually driven there maybe one in that group of 7. That way you have time to post here on BYC and keep your girls safe. I understand about butchering I could not.
Thanks. We're working on figuring out temporary housing until we can get the boys to someone else.

Back
Top Bottom