1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Help! Unhatched ducks!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Summerhenderson962, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Summerhenderson962

Summerhenderson962 Just Hatched

Jun 4, 2017
    I have 6 Indian runner ducks incubating on day 30. They have not started hatching and haven't internally pipped. However, after candling I can see that they are alive and moving round a lot inside the egg! They are so late but also so alive, I don't know what to do! Help would be much appreciated!

2. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. I'd suggest asking on the duck forum -
    http://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks but if they are alive, all is not lost yet. Slightly "off" incubator settings can delay hatching - but the duck peeps will offer expert advice.

Good luck
    CT

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    The fact that they are moving around, is a very good sign. Maybe the temps. were lower than they should have been in the incubator - this can slow their development so hatch later than expected. Sending good hatching vibes your way :fl

4. Summerhenderson962

Summerhenderson962 Just Hatched

Jun 4, 2017
    Now two of the eggs have orange/yellow patches in a small peice of the air cell where it joins the membrane, but all eggs are still moving loads with no pip?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by