Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
In the very early days of the BYC community we had a brainstorming session to create some bumper stickers for our community. That collaborative brainstorming from our amazingly creative members turned into some really amazing bumper stickers!

Well, we're about due (ok, way past due) for a new BYC clothing design and thought we could leverage the super creativity in our community to help us come up with ideas for the next clothing design.

The "theme" for this next shirt design will be "Chillin With My Peeps".

The last "Chillin" design was fun, but we wanted to update it a bit:

We want to incorporate the same "Chillin With My Peeps" theme and probably the same "peeps" into a brand new design. So here's what to do:

1) Shake up your noodle and start brainstorming
2) Think about what you think it should look like? What should the "peeps" be doing?
3) Reply with any and all appropriate ideas! If you're really creative, you could even sketch a design and post it
4) OH, also, post ideas and suggestions on sizes, colors, clothing types (tees, tanks, hoodies, etc.)

A few notes:
• The shirt needs to have the phrase "Chillin' With My Peeps"
• We need to have the website www.BackYardChickens.com on the shirt (big enough to read from a few feet away)
• All previous shirts only had a design on the front and a blank back. We're open to ideas for back, front, small, big, etc. designs.
• The BYC Staff will work in tandem with our graphic artist to choose and finalize the design.

Put on those brainstorming caps and start replying! The quicker we can get through this process the sooner we can have a design picked out, drawn, and printed!

woot.gif

Ok, I'll get the party started!
wink.png

My idea: A bunch of "peeps" lounging in and/or around a blow up kid pool (on floating rings of course) hanging out, sipping on glasses of ice-cold lemonaid. The website "BackYardChickens.com is printed on the side of the pool.

big_smile.png

Purple Chicken has a photo of himself on FB that has him in a blue Tshirt w/ yellow chicks pecking at yellow "grains" on the ground. It's very cute. I even asked him if he got it from BYC but he said he didn't know where it had come from. Maybe something along those lines? I like your "kiddie pool" theme, too! sounds adorable! I'll take one (or two, or seven..)
big_smile.png
Please think about getting a pretty soft / light pink in extended sizes for us plus-sized girls!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
*sudden and total panic ensues* You're not talking about doing away with the current design, are you???? I love it too! If a discontinue is in the works, please let us know so we can order a bunch of the existing design before it fades away into the sunset!

So far, every clothing run we've done has been a "limited edition" shirt... i.e., we've never printed the same exact design twice. This has simply been because we like to improve the designs, colors, etc. and mix things up a bit. We're well overdue for a new "chillin" shirt... especially since they've been out of stock so long.

OH, also, keep the ideas and suggestions on sizes, colors, clothing types (tees, tanks, hoodies, etc.) coming!

I lack any art skills, but if someone wants to swipe an idea...

Put the chick (hereforth known as Peep), on an iceberg in the ocean with a coat... and a bunch of confused penguins. Wit the chilling with my peeps below it. On the back "Backyardchickens.com, it's that cool."

Or put Peep hanging out with his other fowl friends (turkeys, quail, duck, geese, etc) maybe shooting pool?

On the back: "All sorts of fowl friends found at BYC.com"

Back
Top Bottom