HELP!! Water Fits with water fowl peeps

I have a friend that bought some Calls from them. She didn't have the best experience either. If you feel comfortable sharing what happened with them for you I'd be interested to hear it.

Noted you

Excuse me that was suppose to be little ones

I am not having any more issues. Just odd that out Runners we bought as Gray Runners have more than Gray Runner in the hatch and we were told that they only have Gray Runners.
If my genetic study is correct you cannot get White or Black Runners from Gray x Gray Runner, specially from exhibition stock that are used for shows. So someone is lying through their teeth

I am not having any more issues. Just odd that out Runners we bought as Gray Runners have more than Gray Runner in the hatch and we were told that they only have Gray Runners.
If my genetic study is correct you cannot get White or Black Runners from Gray x Gray Runner, specially from exhibition stock that are used for shows. So someone is lying through their teeth

I did, and it was a mess

Sorry for the very very late reply, but this EXACT thing is what happened to my friend. They sold her Calls that were supposed to be one color but were not, and when questioned kept lying, and then refused to listen when everyone told them they weren't the right color.

Did they end up doing anything for you in your case?

What's worse, the Calls are appleyard in color. When my friend asked if they maybe sent her appleyard by mistake instead of what she was supposed to get, they said they couldn't possibly have because they haven't kept appleyard Calls in two years.

However, that SAME day, I made an inquiry about buying appleyards and was told they would have some for sale in the Fall. Strange that they will suddenly have a variety they haven't kept in two years available this Fall when someone wants to buy some. One of us is getting lied to; either they haven't kept them in two years so they won't have any for sale from their own stock in the Fall or they do have them but are lying to my friend about it to try to hide their mistake.

Or even worse, they would try to sell me some that aren't actually appleyard in the Fall because they don't have appleyard to sell but still want a sale.

Last edited:
They didn't do anything, but offered for us to come to their farm to buy more. I chewed them out. A week after they hatched all became weak and died. I have very good care for all of my fowl. One day they were healthy and then weak and died the next.

Very sorry :hugs

@SilksterTN is having a lot of the ducklings she tries to hatch from the pairs she bought from them die :(

They didn't do anything, but offered for us to come to their farm to buy more. I chewed them out. A week after they hatched all became weak and died. I have very good care for all of my fowl. One day they were healthy and then weak and died the next.
They just basically told me that I needed to buy a book that would identify the colors and that they show. I posted to a group on fb and every last person agreed the duckling was NOT snowy. When it hatched, I asked them to tell me what color it was and they said "grey pied" and when I said no, this hatched from your birds, then it was "well it's snowy then!". Um no.
I am trying to hatch eggs from these birds now and having a horrible time. They internally pip, and I go through all of the steps (safety hole etc) with Pyxis coaching. They are dying before they finish absorbing, and don't make it out of the shell. One did manage (with a LOT of help) to make it out and died within a week.
I'm just disgusted with them completely.

Back
Top Bottom