Help! What am I?

nova022

Songster
8 Years
Aug 3, 2012
Hi, this is Max. He is about 13 weeks old. My husbands friend gave him to us because his flock mates were beating him up pretty badly. When we got him he was bald from being pecked on the head and his right eye was swollen so much we were afraid he had lost it. He has healed up nicely in the three weeks we have had him. We hope to introdluce him to our mixed flock of 6 and 9 month old hens. Can anyone tell what breed he is? My husbands friend said his rooster was a Welsummer but he did not know the breed of the mother. Can anyone confirm he is a cockrel? We feel he is, but don't know for sure. Thanks for your help!

If he is really 13 weeks then yes he is a roo. His comb and waddles are big and already turning red. He does look like he has some Welsummer in him. He will be a very pretty bird.

If he is really 13 weeks then yes he is a roo. His comb and waddles are big and already turning red. He does look like he has some Welsummer in him. He will be a very pretty bird.
Thanks for the reply. As close as my husband's friend could figure he is about 13 weeks. His chickens are completely free range and he figured the chicks were about a week old when the moma brought them out of hiding, so he could be a little older. Then hen is a Buff Orpington, but he does not know if she laid the eggs or just hatched them. We really like him. He has a great personality, especially after all he went through.

Max has really yellow legs. What breeds have this trait? Would a Welsummer/Buff Orpington have really yellow legs?

Im pretty new to chickens so won't be much help on the breed but he is very handsome and definately a rooster. I think in a month or so when his feather have grown out he will look stunning.

Im pretty new to chickens so won't be much help on the breed but he is very handsome and definately a rooster. I think in a month or so when his feather have grown out he will look stunning.
Thank you. We think he will be a very nice looking fellow, especially since he came to us bald.

Back
Top Bottom