Help, what breed of Chickens are these?

Mikedero

Songster
8 Years
Mar 22, 2012
Watertown CT
The darker ones are Cinnimon Queens those I know but the others I bought at TSC and I for what kind as the pullets had 5 different breeds listed.
Here are a few pics I think that they are Buff Oprington but not sure they seem to be more white with a little yellow on the heads, I have only had them 4 weeks and I bonded with them big time. they come running when they hear me and jump right into my hands and they even try to fit all 8 on my arm LOL

I think the picture makes them look bigger. the top photo they are standing on a 2X4 peice of wood on the 2" side right now they are about 6-7" tall

I hope they are not that, I bought them for layers not meat. Figures TSC strikes again. Next year going someplace else.

I googled that and mine looks like they have more feathers and right now barely weight 1/2 pound

Also in the last picture the shortest roost is 12" tall so that sohuld give you a tell on how big they are. I also have 2 Cinnimon Queens in there and they are about almost as big as the others.

Last edited:
Yeah, at four weeks cornish cross would be more like three pounds each.

I'm not meaning to second guess your friend, but I don't think they're leghorns. Leghorns are very light bodied and those are fairly sturdy chicks. I'd look at white rocks or maybe tetra tints.

my guess is white rocks, they are too large to be leghorn chicks, they are not refined in bone structure.
I do see maybe I BO also one of the white chicks is a rooster........2nd to the last picture...........is of a young roo.
if they are white rocks ........they will lay you about 5 or 6 eggs a week. my 2 are good layers, my roo's were mean after 20 weeks and are in my freezer, they also make good sized meals, mine topped out at 7 and 8 lbs at 21 weeks. here a picture of them

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom