~~HELP what Gender are my chickens and Breed~~

debbusier

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2015
caf.gif
spending a lot of time on the internet trying to find out gender and breed........
We call her La Beck and she is the one so far giving us eggs, July 13 one egg every other day this week an egg everyday. She is supper friendly and if I'm sitting outside she wants to be by my side. It makes it hard, because the bred I think she is.....is also a meat/layer. So she might be a family pet, and the other ones dinner when they don't give us eggs anymore. I think her breed is New Hampshire Red.......
yippiechickie.gif

We call this one Golden (like Golden Fried Chicken) not giving us eggs and also might be a New Hampshire Red, however is she a she or a he? I live in City limits and we are not suppose to have a rooster. I bought my pullets at Big R back in April, and they couldn't guaranty the Gender.
idunno.gif
By the way Golden likes to peck at us a lot.....

We call this one Cinnamon and think she is a Barneveld is her breed and if she is a she. So confusing....
barnie.gif
Also not getting eggs from this Chicken as well... Cinnamon likes to talk to us a lot as well.

If you can help from photos a BIG THANKS
yippiechickie.gif
and if they are girls may be they aren't ready lay eggs yet, hopefully next year.

I think all three are pullets!

The first two are either Rhode Island Reds or New Hampshires, though I would guess the former.

I can't zoom up the last picture, but I don't think she is a barnvelder. She is very pretty though!
smile.png

All are pullets - 2 RIR/production reds, and perhaps a Welsummer. The second red will lay within a couple of weeks the third bird may take a bit longer.

All females
smile.png
. I'm thinking two reds and probably a Welsummer. Do your birds range in your yard? Have you gone on an egg hunt?

A BIG THANK YOU for all your help........ I won't know if my last Chicken is a Welsummer or partridge rock until she lays eggs. Though looking at all the information and other pictures she is very close to those two breeds.

yes girls are free in the yard and everyday go on an egg hunt to see if the other girls are laying..

Back
Top Bottom