HELP!! What in the world?? Possible peritonitis?

Got some oyster shell and I gave her a half a tums dissolved in water by syringe for a boost of calcium. I’m wondering if she needs antibiotics though? Her behavior is concerning me and the odd looking stool (pic above). Wondering if she has egg peritonitis??

It is possible. Most times we do not know if they are dealing with one of the common reproductive disorders until after they die and a necropsy can be done. The green poop is most likely from not eating enough, and if the urates are a bit yellow, it could be that the liver is having an issue. EYP and ascites can cause yellow urates, or other liver issues. It won’t hurt to try giving the Amoxicillin in case it helps.

It is possible. Most times we do not know if they are dealing with one of the common reproductive disorders until after they die and a necropsy can be done. The green poop is most likely from not eating enough, and if the urates are a bit yellow, it could be that the liver is having an issue. EYP and ascites can cause yellow urates, or other liver issues. It won’t hurt to try giving the Amoxicillin in case it helps.
I gave her Amoxicillin 250mg orally at about 3:30 just to be proactive....I didn’t want to wait any longer in case it is an infection:/
I kept a close eye on her today and gave her 500mg tums dissolved in water, electrolytes & probiotics as well. I mostly saw her eat grass rather than feed...she did seem a little interested in the scratch the others ate and she really liked the mealworms I offer her.
I couldn’t get her to take any oyster shells. She mostly walked around slowly and kinda stood still today :/ Hoping she’s not passed the point of no return since she seemed to want to be with the rest of the flock instead of hiding.
Thank you so much for helping me. I’m so worried about her! She’s our favorite and sweetest one and my kids love her!

Not much change in her droppings (pic from this morning). She’s had her second dose of antibiotics this afternoon

Attachments

• 7130ABC3-6D72-42DA-A427-2EF3C2A279FA.jpeg
    7130ABC3-6D72-42DA-A427-2EF3C2A279FA.jpeg
    523.9 KB · Views: 2
She seems to be perkier and more herself today! She got off the roost this morning and was down in the run eating with the others!
She’s also fighting getting the antibiotic now so definitely has more energy...so now the challenge is to make sure I get all of the medicine in her.
im starting to think injectable antibiotics may have been easier after all haha!
I went ahead and gave her a little crushed up tums today and I put food coloring on her vent so I can see if she’s laying.

Back
Top Bottom