Help WHAT KIND OF CHICKEN AM I? Added two more new unknown breeds.

202roosterlane

Happy Hen on a Harley
12 Years
Feb 24, 2011
Central Arkansas
UNKNOWN CHICKEN #1

Some times my friends will add a few surprise eggs in my orders. Normally I know right off the bat what the are. But I ended up with 2 pullets that are pretty mellow, pale legged with a dark streak, and grayish green eyes. I will definitely be keeping them because they are so gentle. I just wish I knew what they were so I could try and find a roo for them. (Same pullet in both pics, one had no flash.) Thanks

UNKNOWN CHICKEN #2

These all look lavender but one.

UNKNOWN CHICKENS #3

I bought these because I just l
2665.png
ved the spots on their heads.

Last edited:
Well, I went through my SOP and wrote down all the breeds with single combs and white legs, they are:

Orpington, Sussex, Minorca, Faverolles, OEG, and Phoenix

The only two of those that come in a variety that's close to partridge (which is the color pattern she is showing right now) are Old English Game (BBR) and Phoenix (golden). That being said, while Welsummers are SUPPOSED to have yellow legs, I have seen some with very light legs.

HOWEVER, I think she is a mix. Do you know what options there are for her parentage??

Really I don't. Looking at my paypal, I have bought over $300 in eggs this past year. So now I am trying to narrow it down to when I would have gotten the eggs. So she's 2 months old and it took 3 or four days to get the eggs in the mail and 21 days to incubate. That means I would have purchased or swapped for the eggs around the first week of December. Which could be 1 of 5 people here on BYC.

Cowgirl75446 _but all her eggs were FBCM
KYtinpusher
Hot2pot
Bhep
Emvickery

I may just have to wait a few more months to see what they look like then. LOL

I am thinking Welsummer too. I have a MF OEGB but her face is

different and she has slate legs.
Well, I went through my SOP and wrote down all the breeds with single combs and white legs, they are:

Orpington, Sussex, Minorca, Faverolles, OEG, and Phoenix

The only two of those that come in a variety that's close to partridge (which is the color pattern she is showing right now) are Old English Game (BBR) and Phoenix (golden). That being said, while Welsummers are SUPPOSED to have yellow legs, I have seen some with very light legs.

HOWEVER, I think she is a mix. Do you know what options there are for her parentage??

Back
Top Bottom