Help!!!! What Should I Do?

I have had "single" pigeons continue setting or feeding squabs when their mate is killed, but I have also had birds that left the eggs within a couple of days of their mate's death. One thing that may happen if you have other pigeons in with her is that the c*cks will start harassing her while she is on the nest.

thier arent any birds in with her so i hope she will raise them
fl.gif

Hi DPC Poultry. Your female pigeon will be just fine by herself with raising her babies, if she does her job. My husband used to raise pigeons for many years. When i saw your post, i went to him with your concern. So he says no worries as long as your mamma pigeon does her momma duties.
smile.png
Best of luck

Sorry to say , i have raised pigeon for over 30 years.....if she just layed , most likely she will not set long, and if you hatch the eggs the young are hard to hand feed the first week. If she was about ready to hatch she would raised the babies.....bad news was she had just layed the 2 nd egg.

I've raised pigeons most of my life and its been my experience that they will usually abandon the eggs within a few days of loosing their mate. But it really comes down to the bird and just how committed it is. If I was a gambling man I wouldn't bet on it, but you can wait and see what happens. I would think if she hatches the eggs than she would probably raise the babys just fine.

Quote:
agree , if the eggs would hatch in a few days, she would hatch and raise them, but she not likely to set for weeks.

Back
Top Bottom