Help! Will they hatch?

Crinixx

In the Brooder
Jan 4, 2020
Texas
My silkie had eggs on nov 6, just today we found her dead on top of her eggs. They were out for about 2-3 hours? Not sure but outside isint cold. Not long ago i put them under a heat lamp, i made sure not to move them alot. 6 eggs. Im not quite sure if they will hatch. Will they hatch? What can i do? Any tips? Precautions? If they hatch what should i take in note?

Attachments

• IMG_20201124_123850_711.jpg
    IMG_20201124_123850_711.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 2
Can you get or make an incubator? They need to be at 99.5 degrees. You'll need a humidity monitor as well. Her dying doesnt affect the eggs technically, just the time she was off the nest, but 2-3 hours is recoverable I think. You'll also need to figure out how and when to rotate them.

Can you get or make an incubator? They need to be at 99.5 degrees. You'll need a humidity monitor as well. Her dying doesnt affect the eggs technically, just the time she was off the nest, but 2-3 hours is recoverable I think. You'll also need to figure out how and when to rotate them.
What will the rotation do? How do i find out?

What will the rotation do? How do i find out?
Rotation stops the embryo from adhering to the shell.

edit: I see the other part of your question now.

I mark each egg at the big end in pencil with the numbers 1-4 evenly spaced around. Every few hours (Say 3 or so, not exact) I turn the egg so the next number is facing up. That’s 1/4 turn.

while the heat lamp provides heat and you provide the turning, eggs also need humidity of around 50%. this part is also variable.

what’s not variable is temperature. The eggs need a steady incubation temperature of 37.5C (99.5F).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom