Help with 8 week polish with bloody poop

Quote:
You're going to feel like a meanie doing it, but you're going to have to pry her beak open and put the water in her beak. If she just won't even swallow, then you might have to resort to tube feeding, which i have not done. If she doesn't get the medicine, at this point, she likely will not recover.

+1 When they don't drink, they die.

Oh, and my chickens' bloody poops were gone both times I treated with Corid THE NEXT DAY!

Last edited:
Been able to get them to drink by dipping their beaks but they sure get mad at me. Not eating great but no more bloody poop and they are still getting up and walking around when I come in. Had to go to work today so I'm nervous but hopeful.

Can you get Corid without a vet? None of the stores carry it. Would be nice to have on hand for the emergency kit we are now putting together. Nothing like having something come up at 5pm on a weekend and you can't do anything about it. Hard lesson learned.

Amprol is the same as Corid, try asking for that. We lost 2 adult birds very quickly to coccidiosis last month. Others were very ill but turned around in 24 hours on Amprol in the water.

Good luck, hope the Sulmet is helping!

I ordered Corid today. Hope it tells me doses and how to administer it.
sad.png

I know.. I am sure it is on the website somewhere if not

Back
Top Bottom