help with a new bator/LG Still Air

Wow, your wiggler is higher than your air temp?? Is your therm. lower than the wiggler therm??? It may be the affect the air gradient.

Be careful, the temps are a tad high in the wiggler than they should ideally be. I would use the wiggler as the true temp and that should be 101.

I have a still air LG also. I am happy with it but it is very sensitive. Good luck!

Thanks Tiffany, I just made some adjustments the wiggler was laying across the metal turner bars under the heating element, I moved it to lay on the styrofoam in the center of the bator, we'll see what that does.

I'm here, Bobbie! I agree that sometimes the location of that wiggler can skew your temps in it. It can be a great tool, but sometimes, it makes it more worrisome, IMO, than just keep the air temps at the top of the eggs a certain temp range. Your thermo that came with your bator I think is wrong. I'd just forget that one, if it was me. If you an get your wiggler between 101 and 102, that range should do you good. I know it's such a pain and the adjustment lever thingie is sensitive so you have to move it in very small increments, then wait an hour or so for it to adjust everything before making another adjustment.

Back
Top Bottom