help with breed and possibly gender

mamasoldier

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 23, 2013
Ok I will have to get better pics of my ladies well im hoping they all are female....ok so I am sure 2 of them are buffs I specifically looked for them but the 2 skinny ones are a mystery to me my kids loved them and the breeder said they were all females but im not well educated on chickens sooooo if anyone could possible help with gender and breed I would appreciate it greatly

Ok I will have to get better pics of my ladies well im hoping they all are female....ok so I am sure 2 of them are buffs I specifically looked for them but the 2 skinny ones are a mystery to me my kids loved them and the breeder said they were all females but im not well educated on chickens sooooo if anyone could possible help with gender and breed I would appreciate it greatly

As soon as you post photos, I will help. Hopefully the breeder was right!

Im trying to upload pictures of them the pics of the ones with my kids are the 2 I question breed

Both of them look like mixed breeds. They might have some Old English Game or other game bird in them, or possibly some Cornish. As for the gender, it depends on the age. Do you know how old they are? The combs are rather red, but if they are older than four months or so, they are likely still females. I'm not seeing any pointy saddle or hackle feathers.

Both of them look like mixed breeds. They might have some Old English Game or other game bird in them, or possibly some Cornish. As for the gender, it depends on the age. Do you know how old they are? The combs are rather red, but if they are older than four months or so, they are likely still females. I'm not seeing any pointy saddle or hackle feathers.

X2

x3, they seem like pullets to me.

Last edited:
Thank you all the breeder said they were born in july all four of them she also said something about american birds I wasnt sure what she ment

Thank you all the breeder said they were born in july all four of them she also said something about american birds I wasnt sure what she ment

She might have meant that they had some American Game Bird in them. Its another game breed, similar to Old English Game.

Back
Top Bottom