Help with creating Easter eggers

Nga

Chirping
Oct 10, 2021
Hi if I breed a silverstrudd’s blue rooster (blue) with bard rock, Easter egger or Swedish flower hen will I get Easter egger chicks that will lay a majority Easter egger chicks that will lay colored eggs? Also the same hens with lavender amerucana, will they make Easter egger chicks? What will I get if I breed those two roosters with death layers? Thank you I’m Advance.

Hi if I breed a silverstrudd’s blue rooster (blue) with bard rock, Easter egger or Swedish flower hen will I get Easter egger chicks that will lay a majority Easter egger chicks that will lay colored eggs? Also the same hens with lavender amerucana, will they make Easter egger chicks? What will I get if I breed those two roosters with death layers? Thank you I’m Advance.
Pure Blue roo/blue hen will make blue layer. (But your Easter Egger could be blue or green depending on her genetics).
Pure Blue roo/brown hen will make green layer.

That’s about the extent of my genetics’ knowledge. If you had a rooster with both blue & brown genes, you would get 50/50. But Silverrudd should be pure blue I believe which makes it easier to figure out.

Hi if I breed a silverstrudd’s blue rooster (blue)
My understanding is that they (Isbar) are a moss/green egger.. not blue egger. So adding more tan or brown to that may not produce what you're looking for.

And the blue is reference to the feather color of the breed..

Your best bet would be to use the Ameraucana.. my opinion, not my genetic expertise..

I would cross the lav Am over the BR for sex linked "easter eggers".. all female chicks will have black heads and male chicks will have a white dot on the head... if you can discern which eggs are hers.

This link has some fun egg color charts..

https://104homestead.com/creating-egg-colors/

Happy hatching! :wee

Back
Top Bottom