Help With Father's Day? Please?

Make his favorite dessert from scratch? For my Dh that could be tollhouse cookies which he will get on sunday, he gets them for his bday,fathers day,anniversarry, valentines day and STILL its not enough for him.

For my father its lemon pound cake. AS I am now broke at the moment (bills paid no extra) THAT is what he will get as well as scratch lagsna.

Quote:
I JUST called the Walmart and the Penny's. The JCPenny doesn't have a photo studio and the Walmart does have one, but they're closed Sunday!!
he.gif

Worst case scenario I can try to get him to do that another time, although he's always so darn busy that it will be hard. I can at least have the neighbor take some pics of us with my camera, but of course that doesn't help me give him something on that day. I'd have to later have them printed and framed.

It's a great idea, I just doubt I'll find any place open on Sunday/Father's Day. It's not looking good when the SuperWalmart's studio is closed.
roll.png

Quote:
It's a good idea, because he does love his beer, but I guarantee he wouldn't use it. It would sit on a shelf and get dusty. He drinks it right out of the can, and sticks that cans in the freezer so they'll be super cold. I just know he wouldn't use a mug, even though I personally think it's a good idea.

Something for his car? New seat covers or floor mats or something? Lol, my dad fishes, so I have given up getting him anything other than fishing stuff.

Is there a mall near you? Sometime Sears and Portrait Innovations is in the mall. Some places have an Olan Mills. Try a google search for portrait studios near you. You wouldn't get the pictures that day either, but you could take them at any rate. Any chance he would go play on Saturday instead?

I'm thinking a day spent with you filled with laughter is as about as good as it gets for a Dad. After reading redhen's post, I tried visualizing you in a "People of Walmart" photo-
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
I have never heard of Olan Mills, I think that must be a regional thing. I did google portrait studios and called around and every place I could find is either closed Sunday or requires an advance appointment and can't do it Sunday. And no, he's working Saturday, so that won't work unfortunately. It's a really great idea, I think we'll just have to plan it for another day. It's definitely something I would like to do, since I have no pictures of us together. But in the meantime, I guess I need to come up with a simpler idea for Sunday. Maybe I'll just bring him into Home Depot and say "Okay, pick out something nice that you want, because if you don't I'll pick out something awful, and you don't want me to waste my money, do you!?!?"
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom