Help with feral/wild baby chick!

I am so sorry for the million posts! Why won't he stay under mama? He keeps wanting to stay out. Should I bring him inside and wrap him in something warm???

Baby chicks can go for about 3 days without food. Hatcheries send them out in the mail, and when you get them, you give them water to drink. Try dipping the beak in a shallow container of water like a bottle cap.

I am so sorry for the million posts! Why won't he stay under mama? He keeps wanting to stay out. Should I bring him inside and wrap him in something warm???
ideally it should be about 95* for a week, then 90* for a week, down to ambient temps

they need a warm spot and they need a cool spot to escape the heat for breaks

Holy cow - then he is cold. The other ones don't seem to mind, but I'm pretty sure this little guy is only a few hours old. Any idea why he won't seek shelter under mama? He actually can't stand, he can barely sit on his butt, but he keeps rolling. And he still chirps, poor little fellow. If I take him inside, will mama not take him back? And where should I put him?

Will the legs/feet correct themselves? The others looked a lot better than him...:(

Thank you so much!!!

Back
Top Bottom