Help with hot plate brooder settings

Rockhollow1009

In the Brooder
Oct 24, 2019
Help! We got a hot plate brooder warmer, but my husband held the set button instead if just pressing it. It comes up with a bunch if "F1" then pressing set again you can set a number. Then "F2" then set again and you can change another number and so on. Well, he changed the numbers and now it won't warm. I really don't want to buy a new 75$ warmer and the mfgr has been no help. Does anyone have a plate with this same settings display that can cycle thru the settings and tell me what the numbers are set at? You have to press + and - to change it so it's safe to just cycle thru it by pressing the set button and won't mess yours up.
20240303_062737.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240303_080653_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240303_080653_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 2
Help! We got a hot plate brooder warmer, but my husband held the set button instead if just pressing it. It comes up with a bunch if "F1" then pressing set again you can set a number. Then "F2" then set again and you can change another number and so on. Well, he changed the numbers and now it won't warm. I really don't want to buy a new 75$ warmer and the mfgr has been no help. Does anyone have a plate with this same settings display that can cycle thru the settings and tell me what the numbers are set at? You have to press + and - to change it so it's safe to just cycle thru it by pressing the set button and won't mess yours up. View attachment 3763818
Wow, the reviews make this look like an awful product. I can't find a manual for it online.. did it come with one? Sorry, no I don't have this model, but still want to help.

Have you tried unplugging already to see if it goes to factory reset?

Seems stupid to have an adjustable temperature when that's what the leg height adjustment is for.. but I can see how it's a good marketing thing.. folks wanna know what they can measure in numbers, myself included.. but with enough experience, reality becomes much clearer.

Is it too late to return that one and go with another style.. I have few others that have worked quite well. How long before you need it for chicks?

I picked it up off facebook marketplace, so no way to return it. I've tried unplugging etc. May just wind up in the trash...

I would guess that f1 is the temp it will come on at and f2 is the temperature it will go off at, or vice versa! Use the + or - to adjust those numbers...for example on when the temp goes below 90 and off when the temp reaches 95. The LED light most likely comes on when the thermostat calls for heat, many of those thermostats work for cooling or heating applications so if you get the values mixed up it won't come on. I hope that helps...if the brooder plate instructions suck, just try searching for the name on the thermostat and you may find better instructions

Thanks all. I messed with it some more and couldn't get it to warm up, so just got a new one. Thanks for the suggestions though!

Back
Top Bottom