Help with identifying this beautiful lady?

Kaiser5000

In the Brooder
Feb 13, 2020
Hi friends!

We did the "rare breed/rainbow mix" order from a hatchery and are having lots of fun figuring out what breeds we have. I can't seem to figure this little lady out, though. Any ideas?
unnamed.jpg

What hatchery?
Knowing the breeds they include in that mix would narrow it down dramatically.
Or you could post of the breeds/varieties possibly in the mix.
Without knowing that, it could be any of maybe 40 breeds.

True!

From Meyer's Hatchery: I know that it is NOT any of the following since it did not have a leg band: Barnevelder, Black Copper Maran (duh-ha), Clark Spllit to Lavender Orpington. Black/Blue Birchen Maran. Blue/Black Splash Ameraucana, Blue Copper Maran, Blue Cuckoo Maran, Blue/Black/Splash Orpington, Blue Splash Maran, Cream Legbar, Frost White Legbar, Golden Cuckoo Maran, Heritage Barred Rock, Jubilee Orpington, Olive Egger, Partridge Pendesenca, Swedish Flower or White Maran. Phew!

I know it's a long shot with so many breeds but figured someone may have some ideas :)

I should add: We got 5 from the "Rare Assorted" and 5 from the "Rainbow Assorted" so it pretty much could be pretty much any of the breeds that Meyers offers except the leg-banded ones. Possibilities they list: Ancona, Andalusian, Wyandotte, Delaware, Dominique, Jersey Giant, Brahma, Partridge Rock, Light Brown Leghorn, Hamburg, Sussex, German Spitzhauben Appenzeller, Buckeye, Sumatra, Cochin, Polish, Marans, Faverolles, Welsummer, Exchequer Leghorn, Sultan, Ameraucana, Blue and Lavender Orpington, Heritage Barred Plymouth Rock, Mottled Houdan, Easter Eggers, Lakeshore Eggers.

You can eliminate most of those like crested birds (houdans, polish, sultans), feather legged birds (cochins), JGs are only a possibility if they are splash or blue, Anconas, Andalusians, Wyandottes, Delawares, Dominiques, partridge rocks, Most varieties of marans, Ameraucanas, Easter eggers, etc..
I think I figured it out. Either Exchequer Leghorn or Salmon Faverolle..

You can eliminate most of those like crested birds (houdans, polish, sultans), feather legged birds (cochins), JGs are only a possibility if they are splash or blue, Anconas, Andalusians, Wyandottes, Delawares, Dominiques, partridge rocks, Most varieties of marans, Ameraucanas, Easter eggers, etc..
I think I figured it out. Either Exchequer Leghorn or Salmon Faverolle..
Awesome! What does JG stand for?

Back
Top Bottom