Help with peachick color and gender.

I have had no luck getting in contact with the individual that could possibly tell me the parents of my little peachick. I appreciate all the feedback so far as to color and possible gender. I'm new to this all the way around and can't wait to learn from all of the knowledgable people on this site. Any and all info, suggestions and guesses are welcome. Thanks again.

Midnightman14, by what age can you usually tell the gender of a cameo black shoulder. Would it be around 3 months of age. Thank you for all your help.

Three months would be good if you wanted to be absolutely sure. If it is a male the feathers on his back will be darker rather than an almost off-white look that the females usually have.

Three months would be good if you wanted to be absolutely sure. If it is a male the feathers on his back will be darker rather than an almost off-white look that the females usually have.

Thanks Midnightman14,
All the help and info is greatly appreciated. Now if I can just stand the next couple months waiting. Lol

Hello All,
I am new at hatching Peachicks. I had one hatch out of 6 eggs but that is OK.
She is supposed to be Java Green Maticus/White. I have no idea what that looks like.
I am sending photos with this, hopefully.
Carol

Will have to download later. Can't get photos from iPhone ;):lol::confused:

this is my one and only peafowl, Peabody. He/she was a month old yesterday. I hatched him/ myself from incubator. Could one of the peafowl veterans help this amateur out with by telling me this Peachicks color and would anyone like to take a guess at gender though I am sure he/she is too young. Thank you all so much in advance.
Welcome to BYC! -Kathy

Back
Top Bottom