HELP with predator

Thank you everyone for your responses, the trap is set and the guns are loaded !!! So far it hasn't been back but that weasel isn't gonna weasel out of this one !

definately a weasel. had one destroy 8 pullets and a full grown rooster. even ate some of the rooster. ya think all is great til one gets in. my coop had open holes and i never thought anything of it. well after not owning chickens for several years my new coop is hole free with a locking coop door. plus i keep a gun handy. its absolutely devastating when it happens to you. please peeps for the love of chooks lock em up tite or pay the price!

Yep, a weasel. Get a live trap (good for coons, skunk, possum etc.) and trap it (canned cat food works). Then it can die of lead poisoning.
wink.png

I concur that sounds like the weasel attack I had last spring that took 15/18 hens and roosters. He got in through a mouse chewed hole under the door. A small live trap baited with parts of the dead chickens should work to catch him. They do come back for their prey and aren't that tough to catch. In my case the weasel went into the trap which was set in one room of the 12X12 coop while I was working in the other room. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom