Help with pullet crop

She doesn't seem to be giving us many symptoms and clues, but that poop indicates a possible infection. Do you happen to have any antibiotics on hand? Perhaps someone in your family was sick this past year and there is still some medicine left over?

She doesn't seem to be giving us many symptoms and clues, but that poop indicates a possible infection. Do you happen to have any antibiotics on hand? Perhaps someone in your family was sick this past year and there is still some medicine left over?
Yes I have antibiotics. I also have electrolytes should I give that to her?

Great!

If the amoxicillin is 250mg, pop one of the capsules right into her beak right now. If it's 500 mg, it would be best to open it, divide the powder into two, and give her half now and half tonight.

Then starting tomorrow, give her just 250 mg once a day for ten days total.

Giving the loose contents of a pill can be tricky. It's important to get it all into her without wasting any. If you have coconut oil, you can mix the dose into the oil to make a pea-size "pill", chill it so it's hard and pop that into her beak.

Great!

If the amoxicillin is 250mg, pop one of the capsules right into her beak right now. If it's 500 mg, it would be best to open it, divide the powder into two, and give her half now and half tonight.

Then starting tomorrow, give her just 250 mg once a day for ten days total.

Giving the loose contents of a pill can be tricky. It's important to get it all into her without wasting any. If you have coconut oil, you can mix the dose into the oil to make a pea-size "pill", chill it so it's hard and pop that into her beak.
It’s liquid amoxicillin and it’s pink

Can you measure out a 250mg dose? Does it have an eye dropper?

You will need to squirt it into her beak. Here's how to do it. See the hole in the middle of the throat in this photo? Do not get any liquid into that hole or she will choke. The place where the liquid goes is on the right side of the tongue like it shows.
upload_2019-3-15_10-22-30.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom