Help With Sick Pekin

well she already got something and its 17% protein is all i know (she went earlier then i thought she would) also i havent seen any dropping leading me to believe they have been liquid. its been rainy here.

Can you shore up the run to make sure no more rats get in to chew on him? Or can you bring him in the house at night in a dog crate or in the bathtub?

Quote:
Sounds good. Was it pellets, crumbles or powder (mash)? Do you know the brand name, or was it something a feed mill mixed up?

By the way, you can still make a wet mash from the dry food if it makes it easier for the duck to eat.

i may be able to bring him in at night. have to wait and ask my grandma. i believe its crumbles and i think its something a feed mill mixed up.

He's so lucky you're caring for him.
smile.png

Since you're home from school today, terrielacy had great advice about checking out his run/night house and finding where the rat or rats or getting in. You can start thinking about how to shore that up so when he is ready to go back out at night, you won't have to go through this again.

well his run is like poultry netting (kinda rubber feeling) and he has a dog house in there with him. so its not hard for rats to get in i just never thought of that.

Quote:
He's old enough that he can go the night without food or water. He will poop less. However, never give a duck food without water because they need the water for digestion and to clean out their beaks/nostrils.

Back
Top Bottom