Help with Wazine dosage

doodle

Hatching
11 Years
Jul 25, 2008
I have (4) 6 month old chickens that have never been wormed. After looking at their stools it appears that at least one has worms. I am unsure of the type of worms. They are tiny, white, and not moving. I went to the feed and tack store and purchased wazine. I did ask about anything topical and they did not have ivermectin. Can someone recommend a dosage for wazine. Bottle reads 2 ounces in 2 gallons per 100 birds. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Would this be 3/4 teaspoon to 1 gallon instead of 3/4 teaspoon to 16 ounces? When I measured this amount out, it looked like alot. I reread the bottle and it reads for 100 birds to use 2 ounces (60ml) and when I measured the above amount using the 3/4 teaspoon to 16 ounces I have 1 ounce (30ml) which should be the amount for 50 birds. It just seemed like a large amount for 4 birds. Thanks!

If the ratio of medicine to water is correct, it dosen't make any difference how many birds you have. They still get the required dose. The directions are simply a guideline to the ratio, and to how many birds it would treat, at that ratio.

If you had a two gallon waterer, you would still mix the 2 oz of Wazine to it. 1 gallon waterer, 1oz of Wazine, 1/2 gallon waterer, 1/2oz Wazine.

You still need to use the correct ratio regardless of the number of birds, for the medication to be effective. In otherwords, don't divide up the wazine further because you only have four birds.
smile.png

The way I do mine is in a gal of water I put 2 tablespoons the first day 2 the next day and 1 tablespoon the 3r day and it works just fine

Please be aware. Wazine only treats roundworms and there is a withdrawel period before you can eat the eggs. Just FYI.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom