Help with worms

I wormed my girls with avitrol plus tablets tonight, but i didnt withhold their food. Will it still work? Also, I only gave 1 tablet each, but what is the average weight of a Australorp chicken? If it's more than one tablet will I have to do a larger dose on top of the one I have already done? And how often to do this? Sorry so many questions. I just want to do it right!

There's nothing that will be effective to kill those eggs in the ground!
Is there an egg withdrawal period after you use levamisole? Check to see if there's any advantage to using it, fenbendazole, or piperazine, with egg withdrawals. Is Ivermectin a legal choice for you? Again, egg withdrawal times need to be considered.
You may be worming those birds fairly often if your environmental egg burden is high. Or, give them a bigger pen on newer soil/ deep bedding.
Mary

That's the hard part, i can't really do anything about the grass in my backyard. In terms of the coop/run, i will give it a thorough clean today and put lots of hay down. They really only spend about 10 hours in the coop, to sleep. We let them out at 5am and lock them up about 7pm...so it's the grass that's probably the issue. I did a little research on ivermectin (using my memory i think that's what its called)...but it doesn't look like it's easily obtained here is Aus. There is no egg withdrawl for the kilverm...we only have 3 chickens so throwing out eggs if we had to would be fine. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom