HELP!! Wrong end pip?!?! (Oh No! Complications!!!)

Thank you for your kindness
hugs.gif

Theres another egg in there pipping, I saw a peice of shell almost come off from the pip point. Im hoping both their chirping will encourage them both to get out. I think he is tired at the moment. hes not moving or pipping, but Im sure hes still alive, maybe taking a little nap.

I hope your ducky is doing ok!! Lets cross or fingers for happy hatches!!

Ill keep updating as things progress. I am concerned the the edges around the pip point is starting to turn brown, but the larger exposed membrane is still white. Im so wanting to get him out of the bator, but I keep telling myself he would not be where he is if it werent for my interference in the first place. Im praying for him!

Last edited:
fl.gif
I just checked on my duckling. It's moving, so it's o.k. but it's so quiet. The others are whistling and cheeping up a storm in there.

Maybe he is taking a coffee break and reading on his laptop while?!
caf.gif

You know how hatching labor laws are!
wink.png

5 minute naps after every 3 minutes of wiggling!

LOL It pipped 2 days ago, so it must be tired and bored in there by now.

lol But its Warm!! And cozy!!

You gotta tell your Momma birds to make less comfortable eggs!

Well, my baby is quiet again. Im starting to worry about the humidity. I added more water to one of the other trays at the bottom through the little hole on the side where the cord for the turner goes in. I plugged the hole with a bendy straw to keep any moisture from escaping.

The other egg had gotten the shell off his pip point, but only a teensy tinsee hole through the membrane. So he is breathing and should hatch normal.

Egg number 2 just hatched! Pipped at 8:30am and hatched about 15 minutes ago!! Its 3:45pm now.

Im very concerned she might crawl all over the broken egg. What should i do??

Last edited:
Congrats! It think just keep an eye on her and hopefully she won't bother the other one. Once she's dry you can remove her quickly.

My duckling is itching to come out of the shell now. It's been about 54 hours since it pipped, but I'm going to wait just a little bit longer. I removed enough of the shell so I can get a good look at the membrane and there was still some veins visible when I wet it, but very fine.

How exciting! Im glad she is doing ok!

My broken egg is not making any noise and the movement has really calmed down. The veins are very very fine now.

Chick #1 moved enough under the membrane so i could see her mouth. She is breathing but it is slow gasps. No sound from her at all that i can hear.
fl.gif

I'm on the home stretch with my duckling too. I'm about to go upstairs and have a look at the membrane now. I hope it's ready! I just worked out it's been about 54-55 hours since I saw it pipped. Poor thing was complaining and trying to stretch when I checked on it's progress earlier.

Back
Top Bottom