HELP!! Wrong end pip?!?! (Oh No! Complications!!!)

lau.gif
If she's this busy already, I can't wait to see her when she's hatched! Is she chirping yet?

I asked our landlord the other day about the electricity situation in the barn. He pointed out the cable going to the barn, but he couldn't show me where it ended up (the barn is full of junk - not ours) and he couldn't tell me where to turn it on inside the house either, or tell if it's actually safe! He said we must turn it on and see what happens. I don't think so!! I think I'll skip the barn and keep brooding in the house for now.

I have a barn that was once a Garage. I run an extension cord out there.

Hers an idea, if I use my big heat lamp with the 250w heat bulb, will it create enough heat for them? I have a cement floor i can put a flat board down on and lots of shavings.

Last year I got my girls in early May and put them out in mid June.

No sound yet, just lots of wiggling....still waiting....

A 250w bulb will give off plenty heat, that's what I use. I also just heat a part of the brooder, so they can run around and warm up when they feel they need to. I had my newborns in 85*F in the warmest spot and they were quite happy with that.

I'm cheering, all right. I just read your post and said out loud "It pipped! Finally!" My DH thinks I've lost my mind
lol.png

LOL thats ok, mine thinks Im nuts too. this will make 13 chicks total (5 cornish and 8 from this hatch) And i baby talk all of them lol.

Im going to go get lunch to keep my busy until Rocky decides to come out!

Ill keep you updated!

big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom