HELP! Wry neck baby now gasping for air

Alewis74

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 28, 2014
4 day old baby chicken with wry neck.I have had her inside under a heat lamp giving her electrolyte water. She hasn't eaten. She was really perky this morjing. Now she is limp and gasping for air! What can I do to save her???

Do your electrolytes have vitamins? Dip her beak into the electrolyte water as often as possible today. Poultry Nutri-drench or Poultry Cell vitamins are good for chicks in stress, and contain vitamin E and selenium for wry neck, as well as other vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. Dosage of those is 1 ml per every 3 pounds.

4 day old baby chicken with wry neck.I have had her inside under a heat lamp giving her electrolyte water. She hasn't eaten. She was really perky this morjing. Now she is limp and gasping for air! What can I do to save her???
can it walk? what is the temp in the brooder? can it escape the heat the lamp is putting out??

Thanks all. She died shortly after I posted. I was giving her Sav-a-chick with electrolytes. Tractor Supply did not have the polyvisol. Crazy thing is that she was all perky and loud just 9 hours before. I was so hopeful because she was holding her head up and standing. Then I came home from work and she was just limp and gasping for air.

Thanks all. She died shortly after I posted. I was giving her Sav-a-chick with electrolytes. Tractor Supply did not have the polyvisol. Crazy thing is that she was all perky and loud just 9 hours before. I was so hopeful because she was holding her head up and standing. Then I came home from work and she was just limp and gasping for air.
so sorry!!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

i wonder if something happened while you were at work, maybe one of the other chicks decided to do a chick pile on top of it

Sorry that you lost her. When they show stress at such a young age, even treating them with fluids and vitamins continuosly by dipping their beaks, it may be already too late.

Back
Top Bottom