HELP! Yellow poop

Did yours have raised spots on the liver? One had yellow all over pretty bad but wasn't raised but the other barely had anything on theirs and that died last night.
I only performed a necropsy on one of mine and it had the distinct bullseye lesions on the lover that is characteristic of blackhead. The lesions were pretty much over the entire liver.

They experienced nothing until they died. The first one I noticed late morning it wasn't moving so I moved it to be alone. The other put up a fight. Then it stood and had its head deopped then started flopping. I have one more that seems well. It had previously been indoors due to injury and acting like sit was sick so I gave it corid thinking it was something else and it perked up the next day. It still have normal poop and just wants me to snuggle it with a blanket. My husband is about to check the others livers to see if he sees spots.
When my birds first got blackhead when they were a little younger they didn't give me much warning either before they died. Once they got a little older they started giving me more of a warning. It is subtle but they start acting "off" like going off feed or acting sleepy and it allows me to spot the symptoms and start the medications.

Did yours look like this? The first picture is from the first turkey who passed, and then the second picture is the second that passed. They look different and both died less than 24 hours from each other.
Mine looked more like the second one with circular bullseye lesions all over the liver. Both of those are diseased blackhead livers it looks like to me.

I started cayenne the other day just in case. That one had been acting sick and not wanting to move a few weeks ago so I brought it in treating it with Tylan thinking it was something respiratory since we've had tons of humidity. It perked up the next day and has been good ever since. Thanks for the help.
You're very welcome! I hope you can save your little poult. And maybe get her a buddy once you all get past the tender age where there immune system is still weaker. She may very well imprint on you and become a lap turkey. Lol. Or he?

Back
Top Bottom