Help!

2xnonna

Hatching
May 30, 2016
We picked up 5 keets on Friday, they were born on Monday the 23rd. We got them home and set them up...Saturday morning we lost 1, that night we lost 1 and last night we lost a 3rd. We have 2 remaining. We have them in a carrier, feeding medicated Chick feed, warm water, heating lamp, they are on paper and paper towels. I think that covers it all. Any idea why we are losing these keets?

Also lamp is above the carrier 12 to 14 inches away, thermometer is in the carrier..

How have the keets been acting? Is the room drafty? Do any of them have droppings sticking to their butts? I have never fed mine medicated chick feed but I guess if it's not okay someone will chime in on that.

We brought 6 home on a Friday and by Monday had 1 whom we now call Survivor, and yes he is still the runt. Yes they had Pasty Butt, yes we cleaned them, but unfortunately we didn't understand this soon enough. My Husband went to her farm this time and came home with 10...so we have a pool full of 11 and have made it to their 2 week birthday! They were on medicated chick food and we are now on chick food. They are growing daily. Today one escaped and got back in, after making a mess! Tonight we placed a screen over the pool. They are ever so curious as to this new change! Their wings are feathering every day...actually when I come home at night you can see more feathers! Tomorrow hubby promises to get started on the coop outside, keeps saying shouldn't be difficult...we shall see what progress has been made when I get home tomorrow night. Or else we are moving them from the kiddy pool to the large dog kennel! If we do this again next year...we will wait till they are at least a week old. We brought them home Tuesday, no heat lamp, little heat at night...room temp at 70 or so. They are very comical to watch, you can see the leader of the pack. I make 3 trips up after supper, slowly close the window, then let the blinds down and when I go into the room around 8:30 - my final visit...they are all huddled and asleep...lil chirps and peeps, night light on and I say good night
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom