HELP

happywithhens

Chirping
Mar 3, 2018
HELP! I noticed this today on my blind/one eyed chicken. The eye that is blind and sunken in has always been like this however, today, I noticed bubbles all in that eye. What can I do for her? What does this mean? Can my other girls get it?!

Picture below!

Attachments

• 82877586-C86F-4A4E-AEF7-64504DE26B61.jpeg
    82877586-C86F-4A4E-AEF7-64504DE26B61.jpeg
    622.3 KB · Views: 14
Her eye looks like it has a discharge in it does she have any other symptoms of anything? Discharge in eyes usually indicate a resp infection

The chicken has had a messed up eye since two days old. The other eye is conpletely normal and does not have the bubbling.

This eye doesn’t work, and doesn’t close, so I’m wondering if dust or something got in it?

No, I am not familiar with mareks. I know what it is, but have no experience with it as I am a first time chicken owner.

Do I need to separate her from the rest of my flock????

Last edited:
Her eye looks like it has a discharge in it does she have any other symptoms of anything? Discharge in eyes usually indicate a resp infection
Nothing is coming out of the eye besides the bubbling. The eye is sunken and does not close. It isn’t round like a normal eye ball.

Last edited:
I would definitely recommend separating her for the time being until you pinpoint what's going on
I don't.
If she has something contagious the others have already been exposed.
Moving her could stress her out more which could make her more ill.

I was thinking Mareks may have caused the blindness but now after what you said I no longer think Mareks is an issue.

The chicken has had a messed up eye since two days old. The other eye is conpletely normal and does have the bubbling.

This eye doesn’t work, and doesn’t close, so I’m wondering if dust or something got in it?

No, I am not familiar with mareks. I know what it is, but have no experience with it as I am a first time chicken owner.

Do I need to separate her from the rest of my flock????
The other eye has bubbling?

Back
Top Bottom