Joey6392

Chirping
May 15, 2019
We got ducks a while ago and. We just cant deal with the upkeep on their part my mom is making me get rid of them if anybody in the Chicago area is interested please let me knkw i want them to have a good home please.
We have a male pekin duck and a female ruen duck.

They can be a bit of work. Too bad you are finding yourself needing to rehome them; they can be fun little critters. It might be helpful to change the heading of the post to something like "Looking to Rehome Ducks in the Chicago area" so it catches the eye of people nearby who may be able to help :) Good luck!

Also, consider looking in the Where are you, where am I forum here on backyard chickens to find your state's or city's thread and posting there, too, to try to find someone in your area. Consider posting on the threads of states that are close to yours, too.

You might consider calling your local 4-H office through the county agricultural extension service. Google 4-H and your county name. Ask whether they have a poultry and waterfowl section or group and see whether there is a way to be put in touch with someone there who could reach out to their members to help you find your ducks a new home.

Ducks do require some upkeep, though mine have gotten easier the longer I do it. It took me awhile to figure out how things would work best in my particular circumstances. I'm sorry things haven't worked out for you, but you may find yourself better situated in the future and decide to try again. I hope you find your ducks a good new home very soon.

They can be a bit of work. Too bad you are finding yourself needing to rehome them; they can be fun little critters. It might be helpful to change the heading of the post to something like "Looking to Rehome Ducks in the Chicago area" so it catches the eye of people nearby who may be able to help :) Good luck!
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom