Blueroanpainted

Songster
Dec 2, 2019
Warrensburg, mo
Have a chick that pipped about a day and a half ago and seems like he can't get out... The membrane is very strong and dry.. I pulled back the shell in an area enough to know he can breath, and wrapped a warm wet cloth around the egg, as well as turned up humidity some... Is there anything else I can do or is it just a waiting game from here?

A friend told me today to increase the humidity only but keep the egg dry! Otherwise the chick won’t be able to zip the membrane. Personally, once the chick has either fully turned and is stuck or just hasn’t moved in over a day then I step in and help it. I also find making chicken noises can help encourage it.

A friend told me today to increase the humidity only but keep the egg dry! Otherwise the chick won’t be able to zip the membrane. Personally, once the chick has either fully turned and is stuck or just hasn’t moved in over a day then I step in and help it. I also find making chicken noises can help encourage it.
I will hand to try that! He finally came out and is a feisty little bugger already beating on the others... But the other started hatching when he came out and died before he could even get a proper hole pipped through. I'm not sure if my humidity is causing the issues with this last batch or what, as that is the 2nd to die out of 4 and 3rd to have problems getting out. The membrane to all 3 was very hard and almost rubbery

I will hand to try that! He finally came out and is a feisty little bugger already beating on the others... But the other started hatching when he came out and died before he could even get a proper hole pipped through. I'm not sure if my humidity is causing the issues with this last batch or what, as that is the 2nd to die out of 4 and 3rd to have problems getting out. The membrane to all 3 was very hard and almost rubbery
Literally just happened to me too. I had such a lively little chicken die overnight and I didn’t have a clue. I finally built up the guts to crack it open to see if I could maybe save the rest from the same fate Poor little thing was unable to break through the membrane (don’t know why as all my levels were correct)
I now only have two eggs left. One is breathing very little and the other I broke the membrane for and should hopefully hatch in the coming day

Literally just happened to me too. I had such a lively little chicken die overnight and I didn’t have a clue. I finally built up the guts to crack it open to see if I could maybe save the rest from the same fate Poor little thing was unable to break through the membrane (don’t know why as all my levels were correct)
I now only have two eggs left. One is breathing very little and the other I broke the membrane for and should hopefully hatch in the coming day
I had the break the membrane on the one before it and it came down to every few hours coming back and chipping some away until his head was out and then left him do the rest... Now he is just the meanest little thing! Lol but the other the egg was very fluid filled, and I did chip away to see if maybe he just wasn't moving and his brother was healthy as a horse, went to take a shower come out and he had died while I was gone. we have 4 more who are developing nicely so far so I guess we will see what happens

Back
Top Bottom