Help!!!

wuf4321

Hatching
May 24, 2020
Hello everybody! I hope someone will read this whole thing because I seriously need help!! We just got baby chicks, and one of them is acting a bit weirder than the others. It started four days ago (as I'm typing this) when one of my 2-week old baby chicks was constantly closing its eyes, drinking a lot more water than the other chicks, not being energetic at all, and not eating at all. It would refuse to eat. We were obviously quite worried, so we actually looked at this website to see if anyone had a similar experience. Unfortunately one person did, and their chick died. I decided to give it some sugar water for some energy (I researched), and thankfully it survived the night. The next day, it finally ate food!! But it was still sleepy and drinking LOTS of water. The next day, we let the chicks hang around in the grass (supervised). While the baby chick was more energetic than usual, for some reason it wouldn't dig holes or run around with the other baby chicks. It would keep a distance which was quite weird. (All the other baby chicks were always together on the grass.) It still drank lots of water, but it was eating perfectly fine. The next day was pretty much the same as the other day. Except it was throwing up some of the water. (I don't know what to do about it so PLEASE give suggestions and tips) And now its the fourth day (today as I'm typing this). For some reason its claws were curled in and it was walking with it curled. I tried using the bandage trick but it didn't work. Thankfully, I just flatten the claws out nicely and it started walking normally again!! But every so often it will still start to curl it again. (Please help!) Also, one of its eyes today was red which is really making me worried because I don't know what happened. And finally, it is eating and drinking fine, but it's very sleepy. Constantly sleeping. I would love some help and I appreciate all in advance! Thank you!

It sounds like you’re doing what u can

No pasty but? Temperature is ok? No drafts? I don’t know where u live but did she have access to heat when she was outside? I think I would try to get some extra nutrients in her (hard boiled egg yolk all mashed up). I used nutridrench with 2 of mine that weren’t doing well and it helped one of them a lot.
I’m absolutely no expert so I’m hoping someone else chimes in.

No pasty and temperatures are fine. When it was outside it was super sunny and the heat should have been fine. But I have yet to try a hard boiled egg yolk so I will definitely do that! Thank you so much for the suggestion!

I’m sorry. Best wishes to your little fluffy lady.

I hope someone can offer you some sound advice.
I am new to have baby chicks and posted a question that I hope someone can answer as well.

Thank you! I will see if I can check out your question later today, but I might not be able to answer the question. We will see!

Hello everyone. As in regards to my last post, the baby chick has unfortunately past away. It happened last night while it was sleeping. I am very very VERY disappointed, but there's nothing I can really do. I hope that it will be happier out of its sufferings.

Hello everyone. As in regards to my last post, the baby chick has unfortunately past away. It happened last night while it was sleeping. I am very very VERY disappointed, but there's nothing I can really do. I hope that it will be happier out of its sufferings.
I'm so sorry you lost you chick. Sometimes there is nothing that can be done. Sounds like you tried everything you could.

Back
Top Bottom