Help

Next time around be sure to have several thermometers and at least 2 hygrometers. Cooler temps than your thermometer is reading will cause slower development and that's why they haven't hatched yet. I would wait for actual pips before you decide to assist. @Shawluvsbirds is a pro at assists and am sure can give you some advice.
Thank you for the advice. Hopefully will not need to assist and I may have been too unkowledgeable to give these guys a fair chance 😔

Don't be too hard on yourself. I have made a lot of mistakes while incubating over the years. It's very sad but I have learned and now hopefully I can help!
I am still holding out hope for them. Especially one except I am still not sure what it means that it looks like its poking at loose membrane but not broken yet. That one I can see feet and a beak. Honestly I didn't have high expectations when we started this but ever since I saw them move I have switched to mother hen mode and straggling to prevent myself from being too "helpful". The urge to help them hatch is tremendous. Luckily lots of graphic threads to remind me why help is not always helpful. Thank y'all! Will keep you updated on progress!

I am still holding out hope for them. Especially one except I am still not sure what it means that it looks like its poking at loose membrane but not broken yet. That one I can see feet and a beak. Honestly I didn't have high expectations when we started this but ever since I saw them move I have switched to mother hen mode and straggling to prevent myself from being too "helpful". The urge to help them hatch is tremendous. Luckily lots of graphic threads to remind me why help is not always helpful. Thank y'all! Will keep you updated on progress!
The fact that you see the membrane moving around is good! Once he enters the airsac you will be able to see his beak

And we have a baby duck!

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20201019-193459.jpg
    VideoCapture_20201019-193459.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 4
  • VideoCapture_20201019-193504.jpg
    VideoCapture_20201019-193504.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom