Help!

Asiya mushtaq

Hatching
May 21, 2021
My 5 weeks old chick is puffed up. He is not eating and drinking anything from 3 days. He is sleeping alot in standing position. His poop is white and jelly like. What should I do?

My 5 weeks old chick is puffed up. He is not eating and drinking anything from 3 days. He is sleeping alot in standing position. His poop is white and jelly like. What should I do?
Welcome To BYC

Can you please post some photos of the chick and his poop?
What do you feed including treats?
What does his crop feel like?
Where are you located in the world?

Have you tried giving him drops of water to see if he will take them in. If he's not drank in 3 days, then he's dehydrated.
A puffed up chick, I would begin treating for Coccidiosis. You can find Corid (Amprolium) in the cattle section of Tractor Supply.

Dose for Liquid Corid is 2tsp per gallon of water and dose for powdered Corid is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
If the chick is not drinking, then give him drops of the mixed Corid water frequently.

Welcome To BYC

Have you tried giving him drops of water to see if he will take them in. If he's not drank in 3 days, then he's dehydrated.
A puffed up chick, I would begin treating for Coccidiosis. You can find Corid (Amprolium) in the cattle section of Tractor Supply.

Dose for Liquid Corid is 2tsp per gallon of water and dose for powdered Corid is 1 1/2tsp per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
If the chick is not drinking, then give him drops of the mixed Corid water frequently.
I am from kashmir india. I have been feeding him only corn scratches and boiled egg yolk.

Welcome To BYC

Welcome To BYC

As you said I started giving him amprolium. He is not standing I think his left leg is paralyzed. From last 3 days his poop was white in colour and suddenly it's Colourless jelly like. Still he is not eating and drinking anything.
But thank you for responding to my message. I am feeling good now because I think there are you people who are helping me through this traumatized days. I really appreciate the work you people are doing. Thanks again.

As you said I started giving him amprolium. He is not standing I think his left leg is paralyzed. From last 3 days his poop was white in colour and suddenly it's Colourless jelly like. Still he is not eating and drinking anything.
But thank you for responding to my message. I am feeling good now because I think there are you people who are helping me through this traumatized days. I really appreciate the work you people are doing. Thanks again
I'm sorry he's not doing well.
I'm going to tag in @Saaniya to help as well. She is in India so if more familiar with products, feeds, etc. that you may have available.

Are you providing grit for your chick too?
No, I have not given them grits yet.

Back
Top Bottom