Sick Keet - white diarrhea, not eating

farmland1

In the Brooder
Sep 3, 2023
central NJ
Hello,
5 day old keet has white diarrhea and is not eating or drinking on his own. He's just standing and not moving around much. When I pick him up, he doesn't fight much. Temp in brooder is 85 on cold end to 92 on warm end.

I tried cleaning off is poop with a warm wet cotton ball and put coconut oil on his vent. I gave him some water with ACV in a syringe.

I have Nutri-Dense. Should I dilute it or give it to him straight?

How many drops of fluid should they drink and how often?

Any recommendations?

That second keet died today. That keets vent was all swollen with white diarrhea all over his bottom.

Now a third keet (who was hanging out with the sick keet last night and got poop from the dead keet on his head) is acting lethargic. He's not eating. I don't see white diarrhea or a swollen vent, but I'm concerned.

So far we've had 2 keets die. One, who seemed fine and then died and the second with white diarrhea. Now a 3rd is sick.

I don't know what is wrong. Any advice? Should I separate this sick keet from the others?

That second keet died today. That keets vent was all swollen with white diarrhea all over his bottom.

Now a third keet (who was hanging out with the sick keet last night and got poop from the dead keet on his head) is acting lethargic. He's not eating. I don't see white diarrhea or a swollen vent, but I'm concerned.

So far we've had 2 keets die. One, who seemed fine and then died and the second with white diarrhea. Now a 3rd is sick.

I don't know what is wrong. Any advice? Should I separate this sick keet from the others?
I 'm so sorry about your keets. I don't know anything about keets. all I can say is separate them.
sorry for your losses. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom