Help

Since no peeping yet can I candle now or just wait to see what happens today or tomorrow?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 6
March 9 was a Thursday. The 21 days are up on Thursday March 30.

As mentioned the eggs can hatch as much as 2 days early or late, sometimes even more and still be OK. There are many different reasons for that. One common one is if your incubating temperature is a bit high they can be early or if it is a bit low they can be late. Not all thermometers that come with the incubator or thermometers that you buy separately are properly calibrated. That causes a lot of posts like yours on the forum.

For these two reasons, relax. You are probably fine. Let us know what is happening Thursday.

March 9 was a Thursday. The 21 days are up on Thursday March 30.

As mentioned the eggs can hatch as much as 2 days early or late, sometimes even more and still be OK. There are many different reasons for that. One common one is if your incubating temperature is a bit high they can be early or if it is a bit low they can be late. Not all thermometers that come with the incubator or thermometers that you buy separately are properly calibrated. That causes a lot of posts like yours on the forum.

For these two reasons, relax. You are probably fine. Let us know what is happening Thursday.
Thank you. My temperature has been staying between 99.5 and 100.5. My humidity is what I’ve been having the most trouble with. Here’s one egg I had yes on. I just took it out to candle it again. I think I saw movement in there. My day will go to 0 at 7 pm tonight. Thanks again!!

Attachments

• F1378CA1-4114-43FF-A86E-6F38B4697931.jpeg
    F1378CA1-4114-43FF-A86E-6F38B4697931.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 9BC22B7D-E850-40C1-BFE9-508ECDA44B0F.jpeg
    9BC22B7D-E850-40C1-BFE9-508ECDA44B0F.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 4
The last candle was on 22nd. I’m not very good at this candle thing
You get better with practice. Candling does not help the eggs hatch. Unless you drop one or something silly happens candling doesn't hurt either.

I'll explain my comment on timing. An egg does not have a day's worth of development the instant it goes in the incubator or under a broody hen. It takes 24 hours for it to have a day's worth of development. So when counting you say "1" the day after you started them. An easy way to check your counting is the day of the week you put them in is the day of the week the 21 days are up. In your case Thursday.

Don't worry if you locked down a day early. That timing isn't that critical. Lots of people lockdown a day early because of this counting thing. They typically still get good hatches.

I’m not seeing any independent thermometers in there. When I used that Farm Innovations bator, thermometers in the racks showed the temp at egg level nowhere near the bator's digital reading. I mean several degrees. Even further off at floor level for lockdown, lower than the racks.

Put the eggs in there on the 9th at 7pm. I’ll send you a picture of the incubator. On the 9th I set the day for 21.
I set mine on the 9th at 8pm. I am 1 hour behind you. I set 36 eggs. Right now I have one completely hatched and 35 still just sitting there. Tomorrow night should be our 21 days. We should expect to see most hatched by the 31st

Back
Top Bottom