Help!

Barb Colvin

In the Brooder
May 8, 2023
my female coturnix got her beak stuck in a netting and she was probably stuck in it maybe an hour. Now she is unbalanced and she does have a small lump at the top where her right wing is. She can't walk due to the unbalance. What can I do for her?? I have her by herself and propped up, so she don't fall over. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you

my female coturnix got her beak stuck in a netting and she was probably stuck in it maybe an hour. Now she is unbalanced and she does have a small lump at the top where her right wing is. She can't walk due to the unbalance. What can I do for her?? I have her by herself and propped up, so she don't fall over. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you
For one, I'm sure she's totally exhausted, as she was probably fighting and flapping that entire time. I think what you're doing is best to keep her quiet and let her heal and get her strength back. Make sure she's eating and drinking, though.

For one, I'm sure she's totally exhausted, as she was probably fighting and flapping that entire time. I think what you're doing is best to keep her quiet and let her heal and get her strength back. Make sure she's eating and drinking, though.
Thank you. She is eating and drinking and just can't walk at this time, she falls over. Probably because of the little lump up on her wing? It is not a huge lump, it just feels like some swelling.

Thank you. She is eating and drinking and just can't walk at this time, she falls over. Probably because of the little lump up on her wing? It is not a huge lump, it just feels like some swelling.
I suppose you could try ice it but I'm thinking you doing that for 5 minutes even might be stressing her back out more. If you tried it, I'd wrap an icecube in a towel, not too thin, not too thick, and hold her while you hold that on her wing.

I probably just would keep doing what you're doing though as she really just needs to get her strength back and heal up. I'm glad she's eating and drinking so sounds like she'll be fine soon!

Back
Top Bottom