Help?

AmourIsAGoose

Hatching
Apr 4, 2024
Week old gosling pricing on chicks, and pulling on their wings violently, but no blood yet.

The goose is only going for chicks that look like small geese -- small, pale chicks.

What's the fix?
What can I do?

put a dividing screen across your brooder , gosling needs be be able to see the chicks but not touch them. you will need extra food and water dishes for gosling side. You have to protect the chicks . Try putting them together again after a few days or a week, see how it goes.
When I had to separate one duckling from the others I was able to put a small hamper upside down over the one duckling so she had her own space but could see the others through the holes.

full

Here's a picture of what I did. Big Sissy would have murdered these two if I hadn't separated them. Being they're geese it was fine once they got older, but in your case there's no guarantee your chickens won't be bullied as adults.

The goose may imprint to the chickens, but once hormones kick in for the first time it could be a serious problem if they start dominating them or trying to mate with them.

Back
Top Bottom