Help!!!!! :)

KSdancer

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 21, 2011
I have a chick that is trying to hatch out of an egg! this is my first time should i help it? another egg is pushed against it.. what should i do!!!! this is so excited
smile.png

It can take a while sometimes. But opening the incubator will cause damage to the other eggs. A drop in humidity will Shri k wrap them and make it impossible to hatch. Just look don't touch. It's hard I know.

the head got stuck so i took the egg off i hope that was not bad.. but now another egg is moving. when one hatches do they all hatch at the sametime usually? i have 28 eggs in the incubator. It says don't remove chick until it's all the way dry. Ahh this is exciting but scary! Thank you everyone!

They can hatch pretty far apart. I have only incubated once but it took 12 hours for all of them to come out. Just keep the lid shut, don't help them, they will be OK.

welcome-byc.gif
I agree for the most part, Don't worry they will be ok and if you want to take the chick out do it. I know a lot of people say don't touch but if you are hatching under a broody ,she doesn't go into lock down. I always take my chicks out when they hatch. For the most part I do leave them alone and let them hatch on their own but I have had some stuck chicks and they would not have survived if I hadn't assisted. Here is a pic of some of the chicks from my last hatch.
Picture1107.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom