Help

Berkerk

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 16, 2012
My chick hatched two days ago she had a splayed leg I made a little splint and her leg I okay she hasn't been eating or drinking and I think she is dehydrated I have been dripping water with sugar into her beak every 5mins she picked up last night but this morning very listless no balance etc I have mixed some pulley starter with water and some bird vitamins and I am again feeding her every 5 mins what else can I do she is sick and has watery poo nothing remotely solid

Cut back on the vitamins and see if her poops start to solidify.

Unfortunately, these babies that get off to a rough start either rally and make a splendid recovery, or they die. You are doing all you can do by keeping her fed and hydrated. The rest is up to her, and out of your hands. So, keep doing what you are doing and hope for the best.

I am sorry I have no more to offer you that that. Good luck with her.

Hey thanks. I have been feeding her lorikeet food (which is very rich in vit b,e) and a little cooked egg yolk with water. I woke at midnight to feed and water her. This morning I woke to an energetic loud little chicken. I will continue to feed her and water her twice a day. She is eating a little on her own. What a little troup.

Back
Top Bottom