Help :(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by helpme, Feb 23, 2013.

1. helpme

helpme New Egg

Feb 23, 2013
    Hello. I was wondering what could i put in my baby chicks legs because he got burn please help me. He can't walk because his legs seems to bother him and I just want to know what to put on it.He eats and drinks and sleeps more than he is suppose to. Thank you in advance .

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  2. KBG204

KBG204 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2013
    Pasquotank County, NC
    You could try raw aloe saturated wraps around the legs.

1 person likes this.
  3. Michael Apple

Michael Apple Overrun With Chickens

Mar 6, 2008
    Northern California
    I burnt the heck out of my hand once, and in desperation, chopped an Aloe Vera plant open and held it on my hand. Total relief. Try that with the chick by rubbing some Aloe Vera gel on the burn. Make sure the bird is warm and put vitamins-electrolytes in the drinking water. You may need to apply it a few times a day. Let us know how it works.

I have to ask. How did it get burned?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  4. helpme

helpme New Egg

Feb 23, 2013
    Thanks ill try it tomorrow :)

5. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
    If you have plain neosporin you could put that on it tonight. You can give Baby Asprin (80 mg) to chickens but, you will need to cut it into quarters for a chick. You could then smash it and then divide that 1/4 in to two doses for a baby chick. You can give it to it couple times a day, just put in hard boiled egg mash or plain yogurt.
    Do Not Give Chickens Advil, Tylenol or Ibuprophan - They are Toxic !!! And No topical pain killers that end in or have "caine" in the name! Poor Baby hope it gets felling better soon. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by