Help!!

Vickers58

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
Dallas, tx
A hawk killed my sweet indian runner girl yesterday. Her mate is devastated. Prior to this we were in the middle of trying to introduce two other ducks to our VERY FIESTY mallard drake and the sweet girl that got killed. The drake was super aggressive before and as of today he has called a truce and is now peacefully spending time with my young Cayuga hen and drake.

Our ratio is now pretty dangerous and I am seeking advice. I do not want to get rid of any of them. Obviously I need to get another hen.... Will that be a good ratio? Thoughts?

Also, I feel destroyed about losing my sweet girl. And I don't want to feel like I'm replacing her, but I'm nervous about how quickly I should add more females. I want to do it before the one hen gets abused, but I'm unsure of the "sexy time table"! The mallard drake will he a year old and the other is a little over two months. Please help!!!

Last edited:
A hawk killed my sweet indian runner girl yesterday. Her mate is devastated. Prior to this we were in the middle of trying to introduce two other ducks to our VERY FIESTY mallard drake and the sweet girl that got killed. The drake was super aggressive before and as of today he has called a truce and is now peacefully spending time with my young Cayuga hen and drake.

Our ratio is now pretty dangerous and I am seeking advice. I do not want to get rid of any of them. Obviously I need to get another hen.... Will that be a good ratio? Thoughts?

Also, I feel destroyed about losing my sweet girl. And I don't want to feel like I'm replacing her, but I'm nervous about how quickly I should add more females. I want to do it before the one hen gets abused, but I'm unsure of the "sexy time table"! The mallard drake will he a year old and the other is a little over two months. Please help!!!
I'm so sorry about losing your Runner
hugs.gif
I'd go for at least 2 ducks apiece for the drakes if you can get more the better. 2 min. 3-4 best. please keep us updated on what you decided and thank goodness you had the 2 ducklings for this boy he would have really be devastated other wise. Do you know what happened. Watch your Mallard I don't think he's try to mate with your duck but they can get pretty wacky when the hormones are surging.

Vickers58, you are one conscientious duck person! Helping Bill out, you wasted no time. And you have been so attentive to Richard's state of mind and heart.

Proud of you!!!

clap.gif

Oh!! No, no! I got two ladies... They are from the flock in the other photo. He wishes he could have a harem so large!

Back
Top Bottom