today I took off my mechanic's hat and put on my vinyard hat.
did some long overdue pruning and training of the grape vines. they look pretty good, now
today I pulled the garlic from the tubs. I barely got my seed back.
the cloves I planted were kind of small. I planted the big cloves in the raised bed. I was going to pull them today, but it is raining..

Last edited:
The thing is, you want to be sure to use heavy enough staples to withstand predators. The ordinary staples for your average staple gun are fairly light weight. I use either poultry staples that are hammered in or the heavier staples with my pneumatic staple gun and compressor set up.
In general I have found chicken wire to be useless except used in combination with other wire because predators especially raccoons can get there little fingers and paws in and stretch it open. The chicken wire is good for keeping chickens in but is not good for keeping predators out. The chicken wire is especially good if you have babies in combination with other wire such as horse wire. And the chicken wire can serve the purpose recommended where you dig a trench and put wire into the ground vent one way or the other to prevent critters that might want to dig to get into the chicken yard.

Back
Top Bottom