Why was it stuck ya think?
Don't know much about electric motors, never really been into one.

many years of non use. it probably built up a thin layer of rust around the end bearing.

this is how to fix any electric motor,
take it apart, put it back together just like it was. plug it in. if it still doesn't go,
take it to a fixit shop.

Latest picture 20170822_165311.jpg

Actually, i have a lot to do yet. I am putting log slabs on the sides for insulation and so it looks like a log cabin. Plus, i am putting on a gutter so i can collect rain water. And of course, building nest boxes and assembling the runs. Luckily, it is supposed to cool off by the end of the week.

many years of non use. it probably built up a thin layer of rust around the end bearing.

this is how to fix any electric motor,
take it apart, put it back together just like it was. plug it in. if it still doesn't go,
take it to a fixit shop.

I've only worked on small electric motors (small box fans and record-changer motors). Some parts need to be clean and dry as a whistle, while the end parts that house the bearings need to have some type of lithium grease, 3-in-1 oil etc. Sometimes the issue could be what's also connected outside of the motor to control the speed and provide some protection like a capacitor and series of resistors. It's great that the motor is back up and running. --BB

Built the frame for the door in the divider. I was torn as to whether i should put a door there or not, but i figured it would be easier to do it now before chickens are in there than later. And i made some cross pieces to attach wire to. So my skylight will be tested again tomorrow if it rains. Two more tubes of caulk, two tubes of adhesive and two boards added today. I was so sweaty, i was afraid i might slide off the roof. Fingers crossed for no leaks. Got the latch on the back door as well as husband put a pull on there. The last vent went in today as well.
Tomorrow, if it rains , i will be going for some more hinges and other assorted items. I have the gutter and downspout to collect water off the roof after i install that and make a stand for the rain barrel.

Back
Top Bottom