good morning,
we spent all day yesterday just bumming around. all the time I was wishing I was home cutting up some boards. but the time alone together is rare, so I shouldn't complain.
today I announced that I am staying home and working on my project.
the project would go faster if I had a decent glue table.. I have to tarp my table saw and that is my glue table, but then I don't have a saw until the glue sets..
I should just build a couple more saw horses and use then for a glue table..
I went on you tube to get some ideas for arranging my shop and tools.
didn't help much. the ones posted had all matching and new equipment. How about me with 30 mismatched wood clamps ; for instance..and 50 years of accumulation of useful but non matching other tools ?
and what is a good way to store two dozen tools with electric cords attached ??
I have multiple tools. like 4 circular saws. at least 3 jig saws, two planers, etc.
(I bit the bullet and tossed out 4 sanders that needed repair)
........jiminwisc.....

good morning,
we spent all day yesterday just bumming around. all the time I was wishing I was home cutting up some boards. but the time alone together is rare, so I shouldn't complain.
today I announced that I am staying home and working on my project.
the project would go faster if I had a decent glue table.. I have to tarp my table saw and that is my glue table, but then I don't have a saw until the glue sets..
I should just build a couple more saw horses and use then for a glue table..
I went on you tube to get some ideas for arranging my shop and tools.
didn't help much. the ones posted had all matching and new equipment. How about me with 30 mismatched wood clamps ; for instance..and 50 years of accumulation of useful but non matching other tools ?
and what is a good way to store two dozen tools with electric cords attached ??
I have multiple tools. like 4 circular saws. at least 3 jig saws, two planers, etc.
(I bit the bullet and tossed out 4 sanders that needed repair)
........jiminwisc.....
I am building shelves under the work bench to put the tools on.
Tired today, not enough rest...running to town twice but i sold a rabbit and 6 guineas.
Trying to plant stuff in rock hard clay soil. Watering first seems to help. I got the rest of the strawberry plants and raspberry canes planted today. Maybe i will work on the boards to attach the welded wire to.

I am not at a loss for shelves and drawers,
but those keep piling up with unnecessary things.
what I need is someone who is impartial to come in and clean my shop. they would get rid of a lot of things that I wouldn't.
and I probably wouldn't miss 99% of it.
.....jiminwisc....

"jvls1942, post:
what I need is someone who is impartial to come in and clean my shop.

If only I was a little closer, I'd come give you a hand.

My biggest problem with shelves and drawers is I fill them with junk I'm forever meaning to sort out. Then I run out of room and need a new shelf...

The posts didn't go in today. Hubby was filling a trailer with topsoil again. Its being delivered in the morning.

I'm hoping I can wrangle hubs into the back yard and get him to dig the holes for the poles.

It's a bit of a pain having to rely on hubs to get these posts in. I wish I could do it myself. I just don't have the oomph to dig deep enough, or lift the poles. Being a rather small person and being disabled really don't help the matter. That's life I guess. I'll do what I'm able, and outsource the labor as required.

My sons cough is settling down a bit, he's not coughing at night anymore so he's off to school in the morning to see how he does.

Best wishes for your projects

Last edited:
I am not at a loss for shelves and drawers,
but those keep piling up with unnecessary things.
what I need is someone who is impartial to come in and clean my shop. they would get rid of a lot of things that I wouldn't.
and I probably wouldn't miss 99% of it.
.....jiminwisc....
Ha I would come in and drag it all home :he

When i was working they built us a new shop around 2010... they couldn't understand why most of us were not happy about it.. the old shop was an old temporary buildings from the late 60's that flooded regularly. Maint had 1 1/2buildings of 7 buildings... Grounds had 1 and a highbay garage for their equipment... The new shop (for all 7 building) was the size of 3 buildings and 1/2 was a highbay for the equipment.

Needless to say a lot got purged ... and a lot found it way home with me.... I can't walk through the garage because of all the stuff I drug home. Half full 50# boxes of nails, screws, conduit parts, ballasts for T12, old sturdy metal shelving units.. not sure what else LOL
I worked 2 more years and I was bringing stuff back as we needed it. Had a buddy call looking for a fire eye for the boilers last year or so, I had 2 I brought in for him :wee
Illinois had not given the college the money they were due so no money for maint to buy new ones :he and the yoyos threw tons of stuff away because they were new people who thought the college would always have money

I started putting together another bunny condo today. Feeling a bit off today, even fell asleep on the sofa.
I sold some guineas and chicks today. Got rid of 2 adult male guineas, so the ratio of m to f is much better.
Finally got some rain, which was sorely needed.
Those construction guys showed up today but forgot key items so they fixed the dutch door and went home, leaving behind the power packs for the tools they were charging. They will miss them on the job elsewhere tomorrow!:lau

Another post in, yay. Hoping to get the last one in before it gets dark then I can build away at my leisure.

A bunny condo. Can I get some pictures please Cappy? I'm thinking about getting some rabbits at some point and would love to see what you have going.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
I'm feeling a tad under the weather myself. :fl I'm hoping its not the same thing as my son had.

Son's complaining about sore teeth. He has 3 rear molars coming through, and his front teeth are starting to get a little wiggly and sore as well.
My sons 7 so its not unexpected. I hope they don't bother him too much. I really don't want to be keeping him home from school for longer. Might take him to see the dental nurse.

Mostly a slow day here, but made some progress so I'm happy. Slowly but surely it will get done.

Now, off to pull some weeds.

Another post in, yay. Hoping to get the last one in before it gets dark then I can build away at my leisure.

A bunny condo. Can I get some pictures please Cappy? I'm thinking about getting some rabbits at some point and would love to see what you have going.

Hope you're feeling better soon.
I'm feeling a tad under the weather myself. :fl I'm hoping its not the same thing as my son had.

Son's complaining about sore teeth. He has 3 rear molars coming through, and his front teeth are starting to get a little wiggly and sore as well.
My sons 7 so its not unexpected. I hope they don't bother him too much. I really don't want to be keeping him home from school for longer. Might take him to see the dental nurse.

Mostly a slow day here, but made some progress so I'm happy. Slowly but surely it will get done.

Now, off to pull some weeds.
Yes, i will be glad to post pictures.

Back
Top Bottom